Intermediate Mechanical Designer
Join our Team!
SMS Engineering is an award-winning, mid-sized consulting engineering firm based in Winnipeg with projects throughout Manitoba and Canada. Founded in 1965, our 85-member team provides full engineering design services to clients in the healthcare, education, transportation, commercial and industrial sectors of the building industry. Recent projects include Red River College Innovation Centre, God’s Lake Nursing Station and the Bio Diversity Gardens at Assiniboine Park.
We are looking for an experienced an Intermediate Mechanical Designer to support our current and upcoming projects. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work independently. As a key member of our team, you will:
- Perform load and design calculations
- Preliminary design layouts for hydronics, cooling, ventilation, fire suppression, and plumbing systems
- Preparation of specifications
- Field surveys
- Accompany senior engineer to client meetings
- Review shops drawings
- Respond to requests for information from contractors
- Produce detail drawing design utilizing Revit software
- Attend internal and external project meetings
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Engineering Technology or the ability to demonstrate sufficient knowledge received from previous work experience.
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience designing in REVIT and/or AutoCAD for the creation of drawings for various types of projects including commercial, industrial, institutional, healthcare and construction.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook)
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Team and client-focused
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible
Interested candidates are invited to forward a combined cover letter and resume in PDF format in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.